1. Each week youth choose an everyday hero from their city, state or from around the world.
2. We research the person and their organization and work.
3. We choose or produce music that captures the emotion of the heroes work.
4. Next the students write lyrics celebrating the hero and what they have learned from their work.
5. We record the song and shoot a music video.
6. We send the song and music video to the hero as a gift.
7. Finally at the end of the semester we produce a concert and album release party. We sell the CD and funds go to school lunches through our partner "Project Haiti".
Documentaries on our work
We have provided programing at NYC Schools, Carnegie, Homeless Teen Shelters, Incarcerated Youth Facilities, NYC Libraries, Youth Detention Centers, Youth Probation Centers and more.
Our goal is to build youth's self esteem by highlighting and showcasing their talent and abilities.
Poverty is low self esteem because with high self esteem you can achieve anything!